Thursday, November 25, 2010

Things I'm Grateful for this Thanksgiving--2010

The way the sun comes over the mountain outside my bedroom window on sunny mornings

Clean bed sheets

Reunions with old friends

The calm that follows the storm

Those who stand up and speak out for justice

A perfectly ripe strawberry

The waiter at the Thai restaurant in Berkeley who always remembers my favorite dish, even though I only go there about once every two months

Hugs

The smell of jasmine flowers

Health

Laughter

Feet that can take me wherever I want to go

Public libraries

Tea

My family's ability to laugh at themselves, and each other

Mozart

Seeing people make room for other people

"It Gets Better"

A warm shower on a cold morning

A hike in the mountains

Sharing a meal with loved ones

Singing in a choir

No comments:

Post a Comment